Do you know if you’re a suitable candidate for cosmetic eyelid surgery?
If you’re an adult who has decided that cosmetic eyelid surgery is the right treatment for your goals, it’s important to know whether or not you’re a proper candidate for the procedure. Most adult men and women are eligible for cosmetic eyelid surgeries if their facial muscles and tissues are healthy but a number of factors can contribute toward determining whether or not you make for an ideal patient.
Examine yourself and your lifestyle. An ideal eyelid surgery patient is:
- A non-smoker
- Free of any serious or life-threatening medical conditions (especially those that could cause delayed or otherwise impaired healing)
- Looking for resolution of aesthetic eye conditions only
- Has realistic goals or expectations for their treatment results If you suffer from a serious medical condition then cosmetic eyelid surgery may not be the right option for you.
At your consultation, be sure to inform your physician if you suffer from:
- Cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure or a circulatory disorder
- Thyroid disorders (including overactive thyroid or Grave’s Disease)
- Eye disease (including dry eye, glaucoma or a detached retina)